Plant Materials & Services Category Buyer at Cargill
Ref. code DH 6649 - Location Bergen op Zoom
Working for our client Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. Cargill offers a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Cargill employs around 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position is focused on capex and responsible for coordination of tactical sourcing activities (e.g. large spend capital projects) typically for multiple locations within the Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, Norway and possibly West Africa, including managing tactical sourcing processes and procurement records, providing sub-region tactical sourcing support and planning, managing supplier events and relationships, and implementing sourcing strategies.
Amongst others your major tasks are;
60% Manage/execute tactical sourcing processes
- Responsible for managing tactical procurement process to select suppliers for procurement of non-contracted materials/goods, services and/or supplies which are considered non-leveraged, local spend (as defined by Strategic Sourcing policies) within moderate Euro limits including:
- o Gathering and performing complex analysis of internal spend data
- o Gathering specifications/requirements from internal stakeholders
- o Researching local supplier options
- o Collecting supplier bids and perform analysis of results
- o Negotiating contract terms and conditions
- Typical contract value between €50k and €500k, with priority for all orders over €100k.
- Responsible for relationship management of some significant local suppliers; may develop and leverage existing local supplier partnerships for Cargill businesses and sites for BE/NE/UK
- Contacts supplier and takes actions to research variances with supplier contract terms and conditions (systemic quality or service problems, etc...)
- Works with applicable plant/location staff to research and resolve supplier issues; escalates more significant issues directly to Strategic Sourcing organization to find resolution
- Establishes and maintains on-going tracking mechanisms for performance metrics, reporting on value captured at the local level
- You will team up with peers in other sub-regions or regions to ensure a common way of working and the exchange of different experiences
- Establishing contracts, pricing structures & vendor Mgt. for OPEX (spares parts, consumables & services) as part of TCO approach across Business BU´s, realizing spend synergies across projects
• Will work with EMEA Strategic Sourcing organization for procurement of materials/goods, services and/or supplies in excess of established boundaries & limits
25% Implement sourcing strategies and manage suppliers & agreements
- Procurement to play a key role to challenge on TCO evaluations
- Coordinate the execution of category/sub category activities and the alignment and implementation of strategic sourcing strategies across the sourcing life cycle typically for BU Business/Region with the most complex procurement requirements
- Works with BU Business stakeholders, including local leadership, to develop sourcing strategies for category areas unique to aligned BU Businesses (e.g. BU Business or location-specific sourcing priority or opportunity areas), and identify opportunities for Strategic Sourcing organization to support Business BU requirements and sourcing support needs
- Works directly with Strategic Sourcing organization to inform future regional/global strategies; acts as subject matter expert on Strategic Sourcing driven projects
15% Provide procurement support & planning
- Works with plant/location staff to gather and interpret information and applies a general understanding of plant operations to provide general forecasting of medium term supply needs and ensures purchasing plan is aligned
- Conducts research and analysis (e.g. internal/external data from traditional and non-traditional/non-structured data sources) requiring an advanced understanding of operations and business requirements (e.g. product development plans, marketing projections for new products, planned product line expansions, etc.) as well as sourcing environment (e.g. suppliers, cost drivers, international market dynamics, geopolitical risk, import/export laws, etc) for Business BU
- May act as subject matter expert on multi-functional, local project teams
About you as a person and your qualifications;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 8 years of relevant business experience of witch 3+ years implementing procurement, trading or strategic sourcing related duties.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at senior levels
- Critical thinker with strategic perspective and results oriented mindset
- Experience leading in a team environment
- Experience with key service suppliers and ability to develop beneficial relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Project Management Experience
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Program) knowledge, specifically in SAP SRM (Supplier Relationship Management Module), ECC (Enterprise Control Component) and MRP (Materials Resource Planning)
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Tools and Processes (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma)
- International and manufacturing experience
- English fluent + a foreign language. Dutch is preferable
Cargill offers a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. On top Cargill offers a competitive salary and benefits package combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world. A company car is not foreseen. An assessment could be part of the selection procedure.
For more information, please contact Mr. Peter Frauenfelder, Manager Search & Selection on 06-14868139 or by e-mail: email@example.com.
If you wish to apply, then please do so before Friday December the 14th 2018 via the button below mentioning reference code DH 6649 in your application. We require that your resume is in English and also require a specification of your current package and secondary benefits. Naturally, all information you provide will be dealt with in the utmost confidentiality.